Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 207

Thread: JIB vs. Pound

  1. #161
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I guess I'll just be straight up and honest about this, but the last time I went to a Pound game was when they played Appalachia, and I haven't wished to go back since.

    For real.. they have some of the most rude, disgusting fans I've seen in my entire life.

    For those of you on this board from Pound, don't take this personally because I'm sure not EVERYBODY from Pound is identical, but from what I've experienced it's just a nightmare.

    At the Appalachia-Pound game, we sat on Pound's side because the home bleachers were obviously concrete and more comfortable. All we heard the entire time was this redneck a few seats back, in the upper right, screaming out every four letter word you could imagine. I guess I won't be surprised if alot of the kids there catch on to this and grow up to be the same way.

    I recall one play Appalachia owned Pound and they couldn't get anywhere, and the guy stood up and said "HEY, GET THE F**** OFF MY BOY!!"

    Unbelievable.

    For those who agree and have had similar experiences, please speak up. I'm interested in seeing if I'm not the only one to realize this.

    I doubt I'll ever sit on Pound's side ever again.
    Officially retired

  2. #162
    Inactive Member JB4VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    haha steriotypes have certainly come a long way...its as simple as this..everyteam has all types of player.. i know and have good friends on both sides..ill admit some are rednecks...some like to showboat... but for the most part...both teams have a good bunch of guys with a few making both sides look bad.....the thing to remember is this is football...it happens everygame... a couple years ago norton made a sign speificly about cj...later they late hit him into the fence...that make all of them rednecks? no..when WVU burns couches does that make them rednecks (well bad example haha) i mean its all part of the game...u play all out til u hear the whistle blow (thats what they taught us neways) and u try to keep control of your emotions..unfortunately sometimes it dont happen that way...i was rednecked plenty of times in my day by other players in practice and in games... i didnt get on here and point fingers and wine about it..cuz i knew it was part of the game and certainly didnt say well soo and soo team has no class because of a couple playersr..b/c lets face it..every team has players and fans that are like that...let ur pads and scoreboard do the talkin..and if you lose the battle..take it..and get better for the next week...i just hate to see a pretty decent game like that..being overshadowed by all the nonsense (from both sides) that had nothing what so ever to do with football..
    I dont know what a hokie is...but god is one of them..

  3. #163
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    That why I always said you can not judge everyone from a town by a couple of people...and the man cussing..well that is another point about fans I can't stand...those kids chose to play the sport of football..IN FOOTBALL YOU'RE GONNA GET HIT...the parents let them play too so if they are gonna get so worked up about their kids, don't let them play in the first place..just my opinion though

  4. #164
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Yeah, like I said, I'm not going against everybody at Pound because I know that there are always good and bad people in the stands no matter what team you're talking about, but I've also had most of the bad experiences coming from Pound's fans... I've seen middle fingers flying through the air, I've heard four letter words shouted throughout the stands - even with children present - and there hasn't been a thing done about it.
    Officially retired

  5. #165
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    The next time someone needs to make a reference about a school please use this outline thanks.

    Stereotypes for future reference on the forum:

    Pound is a redneck, Clintwood is a druggy, Coeburn is a drunk, Norton is a thug, Wise is a klansman, PV is a roid freaks, Appy is a wanna be vikings, and GC well there all a bunch of 25 year olds playin against highschoolers.

    Outside of this area (Including cumberland and black diamond)-it doesnt matter, because here at in the LPD We're better than you and we know it.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #166
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Guess I'd be classified as a drunk, then.

    Drink away, chaps! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  7. #167
    Inactive Member JB4VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    haha Amen!
    ...i have a few to add to all which are apparently true
    pound, redneks that thinks ever1 hates them, clintwood wants to act like hillbillies but cant, coeburn people are all rich and drive lifted up pick-up trucks , norton people are in gangs , wise people are better then us all, PV well they hung that elephant on the bridge so im not gonna mess with them (i swear ive heard the story from at least 10 bigstonians haha) appy people are all hillbillies that sit on there front porch with a chew of "backer" in there jaw and a sawed off shotgun in there hands, GC is a bunch of rich boys from tennessee who are trained by professional players that are younger then they are... haha it is all so redicuous...its kind of funny
    I dont know what a hokie is...but god is one of them..

  8. #168
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Coeburn people are all rich? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Haven't heard that one before... heck, I'm from Coeburn and I have yet to see a single "rich" person yet. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Heck, maybe my vision really IS getting bad.

    While we're at it, be right back, I'm going to go fly across New York City, be back in a little while! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  9. #169
    Inactive Member JB4VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    haha why yeah!! they all have brand knew trucks that are fixed up like monster trucks..and trade them in yearly to get the newest one hahaha and lets not get started on the land they own up in the mountains to were they take there trucks and 40 cases of beer to get drunk (thats usually not enough though) hahaha[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....im not being serious...just tellin ya what i hear lol
    I dont know what a hokie is...but god is one of them..

  10. #170
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    LMAO....you've got to be talking about some of the places we party..haha...hey, its better than partying at a house and getting the cops called on ya..
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •